“NextUp! Leaders Lab is a 12-month pilot co-learning initiative beginning April 2021 involving training, mentorship, and skills exchange that supports young racialized arts leaders and managers age 18-35, with a priority on those identifying as Black and Indigenous, strategically leading their own arts initiatives and preparing for senior-level positions in the arts & culture sector.
2021 focuses on 3 areas: Strategic Planning, Financial Management & Money Mobilization.
Who is NextUp! Leaders Lab for?
20 young people (age 35 and under):*
- leading their own arts initiative and seeking to take it to the next level
- holding coordination or management-level positions in an arts organization seeking to step into executive leadership in their own or other arts & culture organization
NextUp! Leaders Lab Pilot Goals
- To support increased skill development in art leadership and management
- To build shared critical analysis and sense of belonging amongst a new generation of arts leaders
- To create new connections and networks between people and organizations”
For more information, please visit: https://www.sketch.ca/programs/leaders-entrepreneurs/nextup-leaders-lab