Virtual Volunteer Opportunity (Future Leaders Age 18-30)
Gather Oral Histories To Foster Empathy And Build Your Podcasting Skills.
Volunteer for the Empathy Squad to make a difference in your community through the power of storytelling. In the midst of global upheaval, and the search for social, class, and racial justice, we are looking for volunteers to generate empathy-building dialogue through the collection of stories and interviews.
Oral storytelling forges connections between people and ideas, makes information more accessible, and helps us understand the ties that bind us. Oral history nuances the stories of the past and present, helps us understand how communities experience history, and allows us to learn together on the path towards a shared future.
Amplify voices, centre overlooked stories, and celebrate the unsung heroes in your community. You’ll have the chance to collect stories, learn podcasting skills, meet new people from different walks of life, and collaborate with future leaders across the country. Come spark change, one story at a time.
- Discover artful ways to volunteer in their community
- Learn interview and recording techniques, narrative shaping and audio editing skills
- Gain skills in community engagement through oral-history collection
- Enhance readiness for leadership roles and community participation
- Grow empathy from coast-to-coast through community-building dialogue”
For more information, please visit: https://www.fixtpoint.com/empathysquad-apply
-from FiXT POiNT