Job Opportunity: Executive Director (Klondike Institute of Art and Culture)
“The Executive Director is Dawson City Arts Society’s (DCAS) chief operating officer, and in partnership with the DCAS Board of Directors, is responsible for the success of the DCAS operating arm, the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture (KIAC). Together, the Executive Director and the Board assure the accomplishment of KIAC’s mission and vision.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities including the management of human and financial resources of the organization and the care and maintenance of the KIAC facility. The position represents the organization in the community and is the liaison with many community stakeholders and partners.
- A combination of post-secondary education (preferably arts management related) and demonstrated management or senior administrative experience, ideally in an arts related and/or not-for-profit environment reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, including administration related to project-based and core funding, annual budget preparation, cash flow management, payroll.
- Demonstrated experience in human resource management, including ability to train, supervise and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Willing and able to work in a multicultural, diverse and inclusive organization and community. Knowledge and understanding of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in and/or Indigenous cultures in Canada.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, word-processing, spreadsheets, email, and media relations.
- Leadership experience at a senior level with the ability to balance day to day responsibilities while executing high level strategic objectives; effective time management skills.”
For more information, please visit: https://kiac.ca/2021/02/02/kiac-is-hiring-an-executive-director/